Event Type: Error
Event Source: AutoEnrollment
Event Category: None
Event ID: 15
Computer: computer name
Description: Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Enrollment will not be performed.
For a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer or a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer that is joined to a Windows NT 4.0 domain, to turn off the Autoenrollment feature in the Local Group Policy, follow these steps on the local workstation:
- Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then press ENTER.
- In the left pane, expand Computer Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, and then expand Public Key Policies.
- Double-click Autoenrollment Settings.
- Click Do not enroll certificates automatically.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5, but in step 2, expand User Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, and then expand Public Key Policies.
- Close the Group Policy window.
For a computer that is a member of a Windows 2000 or later Active Directory domain, make sure that the domain member has network connectivity with at least one domain controller.
After you have determined that you have good Internet Protocol (IP) connectivity between the member and a domain controller, correct the DNS address in the IP properties of the workstation. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Network Connections tool in Control Panel.
- Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
- Type the correct DNS address in the Preferred DNS server box.
- Click OK.